The current Bishop of the catholic Diocese of Nakuru is Rt.Rev Maurice Muhatia.
A Community Of Love Where Every Person Is Dignified
To Evangelize Through Pastoral And Human Development
The work and operations of the diocese are guided by the following values:
- Christian witness; ensuring that all those acting on its behalf bear Christian values in everything that they do
- Roman catholic faith-adhere to the teaching and doctrine of the roman catholic church
- Parish community focus: build community target groups at the parish level.
- Compassion for all: feel for the suffering of others
- Human dignity: respect for humanity and exercise of non discrimination
- Transparency and accountability: cherish the virtues of probity, transparency and accountability and therefore seeking to operate according to these virtues at all times
- Human resource: commitment to empower its human resources at all levels
- Efficient and effective use of resources: commitment to highly effective and efficient use of resources
- Subsidiarity (decentralization of decision making authority);empowering the institutions, programmes, and parishes to make decisions; in so-far-as possible at local level.
To be a sustainable and well resourced diocese with mature Christian communities